News about YUAI School

Assalamualaikum Parents and Guardians, by the grace of Allah this coming Saturday 2/11/2017 Yuai International Islamic School, at 11.00 Am we will be holding placement tests and interviews for students who wish to join our school. furthermore, at 11.00 AM we would like to announce the admission deadline has been extended. We look forward to meeting you and your wonderful children. Jazakullah Khair


Frequently asked questions
Q1. Is it possible to have residency in 2 schools by registering in a government school while going to an international school?
A. According to Shibuya city office, the decision will depend on the principle of the school. Some places may accept, some may not.
Q2. Will students who graduate from an unlicensed school be qualified to attend Japanese school?
A. According to the Ministry of Education, students are required to sit and pass all subjects on an examination called “Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Junior High School”. Only then, the students fulfil the requirements to sit for a High School Entrance Examination.
However, in cases where the parents are not Japanese citizens, there are no obligations for parents to school the children untill Junior High School in the first place. Thus, depending on the decision of principal, for those who are recognized as having academic ability equal to or higher than those of junior high school graduates at each high school, may take the high school entrance examination.
Q3. What are the requirements to graduate Japanese Junior High School?
A. As stated in question 2, students may either get a Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Junior High School or graduate from a japanese licensed junior high school.
Q4. For instance, may students move from Yuai IISJ to a japanese government school few months before graduation day? (Eg. Join international school from primary 1 to primary 6 first semester or form1 to form3 first semester, then in second semester move to Japanese government school)
A. Although most of the cases will be allowed, some schools may not allow depending on the principal’s decision. It is advised to contact the preference government school directly for clear confirmation.
Q5. Similar to the “Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of High School”, is there an alternative examination for students who are not able to graduate from a licensed junior high school for some reasons.
A. Yes, there is an examination called Certificate for Students Achieving the Proficiency Level of Junior High School.
Q6. Is GCE A level accepted as examination for addmission to Japanese University?
A. According to Ministry of Education in Japan, if the students are above 18 years old, and passed international university qualification such as IB, Exam abiturium or GCE A level they have fulfilled qualification of university extrance.
Q7. Will students be able to get discount or students pass for train?
A. As for now (2017), our school is an unlisenced school and therefore, students are not able to get students pass for train.
However, in order to answer expectations of students and parents as well as for the benefits of all of us, Yuai IISJ is aiming to fulfill criteria of licensed that meet the standard of law in Japan.
Keep us in all your prayers insha’allah.
Q1. 公立学校に籍を置いたうえでインターナショナルスクールに通うことは可能でしょうか?
A . 渋谷区役所によりますと、学校によっては受け入れるところもあれば受け入れないところもあります。校長先生の判断によって異なります。
Q2. 無認可の学校を卒業した生徒が日本の高校に入学する資格を得ることは可能でしょうか。
A. 文部科学省によりますとと、中学校卒業程度認定試験を受験し合格した上で、高等学校の入学者選抜試験を受験することができます。
Q3 もし可能でない場合>> 日本の公立校を卒業するにあたっての条件はなんですか?
A. Q2に書かれてあるように、中学校卒業程度認定試験に合格するかもしくは認可中学校に卒業する必要があります。
Q4. 例えば、卒業する数ヶ月前にインターから公立に転校し公立校を卒業するということは可能でしょうか? (例: 小学1年生から6年生の前期もしくは中学1から中学3年生の前期まではインターに通い、その後編入しその公立校を卒業する)
A. 多くの場合認められますが、校長先生の判断によって異なるので、学校によっては認めないところもあるかもしれません。直接編入希望なされる中学校へお問い合わせする必要があります。
Q5. 高校卒業認定試験のように、なんらかの事情で日本が認める中学の基準を正式的に卒業できなかった生徒のために、試験を受けることでその資格が得られる卒業卒業認定試験はありますか?
A. 中学卒業認定試験があります。
Q6. GCE Aレベルは日本の大学入学にあたっての試験として認められているのか。
A. 文部科学省によれば、外国にあるインターナショナルスクール(外国人学校)を卒業した場合は、そのことにより、外国の正規の学校教育における12年目の課程を修了していると認められれば、大学への入学資格が認められます。
 また、外国の大学入学資格である国際バカロレア、アビトゥア、バカロレア、GCEAレベルを保有することになった場合、18歳に達していれば、大学への入学資格は認められます。よって、GCE Aレベルの試験は大学入学資格として認められます。
Q.7 通学定期券を得ることは可能ですか。
A. 我が校は2017年の現段階、無認可校として活動をしているため残念ながら通学定期券また学生割引を得ることはできません。これから先、保護者の皆様や生徒たちの期待にも応えられるよう、一つずつ法が定めた認可校の基準を満たしていく方針です。